- How big a problem do you think ‘Alcohol-Related Harm’ is?
- Is “the binge drinking culture” a reality?
- Is the practice of “pre-loading” commonplace? If so, do you have any ideas as to how this can be reduced?
- Type of premise (e.g. tavern, restaurant, bottle store, sports club, supermarket)
- Numbers of premises and hours of operation.
Nga Kete Matauranga Pounamu is supporting the Invercargill City Council by facilitating a consultation hui on Local Alcohol Policy. The consultation hui was to gather the views of Maori whanau within Southland on how Council’s can make a difference to the problem of alcohol abuse. Matters that were discussed included
"Arahina Ki Te Ao, Ki Te Ora"
- Leading the way towards achieving well being.
This statement signifies NKMP belief in the principle of tinorangatiratanga, that we can realise as Maori our own aspirations; that as Maori we can lead the way towards the well being of our people.
All Nga Kete Matauranga Pounamu staff are Police vetted.